The practice is committed to promoting the conservation, sustainable management and improvement of the environment and to minimising the environmental impact of its activities.
Aim of this policy
The aim of this policy is to enable the practice to embrace our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and manage it with the same level of professionalism as other parts of the business. In doing so we hope to fulfil our responsibilities, engage our team and improve our reputation.
Achieving the goal
In aiming to achieve our goal we address the following four areas:
- People & Ethics
- Environment & Sustainability
- Charity & Community
- Communication, Advocacy & Management
People & ethics
Leadership & Internal Communication
- We have a written structure in place for positive, clear and regular communication.
- Regular Staff meetings are held and minuted.
- There is a written and spoken commitment to honesty and respect in communication.
- There is a written Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy in place (M 233-EQD).
- There is a written Children and Adults at Risk Safeguarding Policy (M 233-CVP) in place.
- We have a system in place for internal communications using [our WhatsApp group and the team noticeboard.
- Each person has a written job description for their role which includes expected behaviours and success criteria (M 222G-CTH-THP).
Patients & suppliers
- We have a price list on display at reception and available on our website.
- We obtain valid consent for all treatment.
- We review of Audit of Disability Access (G 180-DAA) on an annual basis and reasonable adjustments are made.
- We have a system for gathering patient feedback with a comments box in the waiting room.
- Information leaflets are readily available in surgeries to help patients make informed decisions about treatment options.
- We pay all suppliers within their terms.
Team Development, remuneration, wellbeing
- We ensure that all new team members follow an induction programme (M 225A).
- We ensure that each team member has a written Personal Development Plan (M 223B-D), which is reviewed and updated annually.
- We carry out regular staff 1:1s.
- Each team member receives the living wage as minimum.
- Contracts of employment or agreements are in place for all team members (M 237C-Y – M 245A-F)], kept up to date, and adhered to.
- We retain key statutory documents (e.g. Proof of identification) in staff personnel files and keep them up to date using the Staff File Checklist (M 249).
- We have a Staff Handbook (Folder 7) in place containing policies and procedures in line with current employment law and ACAS guidance.
- We carry out an annual salary review for all employed team members and increases are given where possible.
Environment & sustainability
- We make sure that all lights, computers and electronic devices are switched off when the practice is closed (apart from critical security lighting).
- Recyclable or washable cups are used throughout the building. We do not use disposable cutlery or plates.
- We offer recycling of non-clinical waste on site (including paper, plastics, card, cans).
- Waste is separated in surgery so that clinical waste is minimised, and a licensed waste carrier is used with relevant Waste Transfer Notes supplied.
- We only print when necessary and double-sided printing is always used (unless it is critical to use single sheets).
- We are committing to reducing landfill waste and have encouraged around the practice/building recycling bins to help promote reducing landfill waste.
- We recycle and reuse boxes where possible to save on landfill.
- We have recently switched to recycle hand towels throughout the practice.
Charity & community
- We have chosen to support Age UK and have on display a money box in Reception area.
- The practice is involved in giving Oral Health education talks to Stamford Endowed School, Stamford, Lincolnshire.
- We encourage team members to carry out their own fundraising.
Communication, advocacy & management
We have placed the CSR policy on our website, which covers our values, commitments and what we currently do to meet our goals.